Gothenburg Skins Open 2019
Gothenburg Curling Club has the honor of once again invite you to one of the most popular bonspiels in the Galaxy!
This year is our six year anniversary and we hope you come and celebrate it with us!
When: May 3-5, 2019 – Tentatively, the first games start at 10 am on Friday, May 3.
What we offer:
- A social yet competitive tournament that welcomes players of all skill levels. World Champions have participated playing alongside regular club players.
- A fun skins format where all shots count and all games are open until the very last end.
- Off-ice activities with pub night on Friday and banquette on Saturday included in the registration fee.
- 4 games per team guaranteed.
- Good ice conditions, with fast ice and plenty of curl (newly scratched rocks!)
- Prize money to ALL participating teams. Each skin is worth price money, so never give up!
- Experienced organizers and one the most unique curling halls, located in an old shipyard next to the wharf.
- Discount for mixed and international teams.
- The perfect tournament to end your season: In Gothenburg – Sweden’s front yard!
We can accommodate up to 16 teams (“Any four curlers”) and registration is on first come first serve basis. Deadline for is April 1, 2019 and Registration is confirmed once fee has been paid.
Registration fee is SEK 3600/team. – The following discounts apply:
Registration before March 1, 2019: -200 SEK
International team (at least three non-Swedes in the team): -200 SEK
Mixed team with two players from each sex: -200 SEK
The registration fee includes banquette for four players. Additional players are charged SEK 300.
Prizes will depend on the number of teams and will be announced once registration is closed. E.g the total prize fund with 16 teams will be SEK 17 000. Each skin will be worth money so all teams will earn prize money. All prizes are paid through bank transfer after the tournament.
System of play:
Will be announced once registration is closed. All teams are guaranteed four games.
For any questions please contact us by e-mail or using social media.