Hi, and welcome!
Once again we have the great honour to invite you to one of the most popular bonspiels in the Galaxy – Gothenburg Skins Open!
About the bonspiel
What you need to know about Gothenburg Skins Open:
- A social yet competitive bonspiel that welcomes players of all skill levels. World Champions have participated playing alongside regular club players.
- A different but fun skins format where all shots count and all games are open until the very last end.
- Off-ice activities with pub night on Saturday and banquette on Friday included in the registration fee.
- 4 games per team guaranteed.
- Good ice conditions, with fast ice and plenty of curl.
- Prize money to ALL participating teams. Each skin is worth price money, so never give up!
- Experienced organizers and one of the most unique curling halls there is, located in an old shipyard next to the dock.
Registration fee includes pub night on Saturday, banquette on Friday, accomodation at Quality Hotel 11 and obviously a whole lot of fun! No alcohol is included. Additional players are charged SEK 1500.
May 6-8, 2022 – The first games starting on Friday lunch and final game after lunch on Sunday. Open training sessions will be offered on Friday morning.
The tournament has a non-profit policy and all registration fees will be used for the tournament only. Total prize money depends on the number of teams and will be announced once registration is closed. Each skin taken will is worth money, wich means all teams will be able to earn prize money. All prizes are paid through bank transfer after the tournament.
System of play:
Will be announced once registration is closed.
The tournament will take place in the Gothenburg Curling Hall, located on the island of Hisingen in central Gothenburg. The address is Valdemar Noréns gata 17, 417 55, Göteborg, Sweden. A short walk from the bus stop Pumpgatan or Regnbågsgatan.
The curling hall has four sheets of ice and a warm spectator area with a café that will serve refreshments, coffee and lighter meals during the tournament.
Gothenburg Skins Open and Quality Hotel 11 is partnering up for this years event. All participating teams will be offered a hotel room and breakfast for two days included in the registration fee. If you are coming early and want your room for a longer stay, let us know and we will help you!
NOTE: For those of you not staying at the Hotel, the registration fee will be adjusted.
For any questions please contact us by e-mail or using social media.
Don’t forget to get yourself and you team mates some great Gotheburg Skins Open merchandise before the bonspiel. All surplus will go directly to make the bonspiel better!